Born in Rome on April 17, 1963.
Married with three children.
- Deputy Director General of the Security Information Department - SID of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers (2013-2018). Areas of supervision: analysis, strategic analysis (areas of interest, phenomena, new challenges); training. Responsible, inter alia, for the national cybersecurity initiative, entrusted to the SID within the meaning of Prime Ministerial Decree of January 24, 2013 and February 17, 2017. Expert in strategic economic and geopolitical analysis, hybrid threat, technological innovation (tech-revolution, big data, AI), collaboration between the public, private and research sectors.
- Secretary of theInternational Fund for Agricultural Development - IFAD (development bank of the UN system) (2007 - 2013). Grade D2 of the UN scale - achieved as a result of international selection. Responsible for the diplomatic-institutional relations of the Fund with its 160 member countries;
- Director General of Finances, Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF, 2005-2007), senior manager of the Finance system (economic analysis, legislation, international relations, supervision of the Tax Agencies, information system, tax litigation);
- Director of International Relations, Department of Finance, MEF (2002-2005), responsible for all international tax relations - bilateral and multilateral agreements - of the Finance system; coordinated the Italian participation in the various EU and OECD initiatives in the fight against international tax evasion;
- Director of the Tax Service, Italian Banking Association - ABI (2002);
- Economic-Fiscal Counsellor of the Minister of Finance and SECIT Inspector (1998-2001). Responsible, in particular, for international tax issues: EU, OECD, bilateral, administrative cooperation); contributed to the drafting of legislation in the field of international tax evasion and non-profit organisations;
- Banca d'Italia Official (1991-1998). Tax Relations Service, most recently deputy head of the taxation analysis office; Credit and Financial Supervision, VEC Service, responsible for the supervision of major banking groups, bancassurance;
- IS.V.A.P. Official (1990-1991), Research Department (EU harmonisation of insurance budgets).
- Former Chair of the Committee on Fiscal Affairs of the OECD (2006-2010);
- Former member of UN Group on Taxation Matters, upon appointment of the Secretary General of the United Nations (2006-2009).
- German school in Rome; state high school specialising in classical studies.
- Degree in Economics and Commerce (110/110 cum laude) (1987), with a thesis on tax law.
- IS.VA.P. Diploma in insurance supervision (1990).
- PhD in corporate tax law (1990-1993), with a thesis on the taxation of insurance undertakings.
- Chartered accountant and auditor.
- Author of numerous publications on the subject of taxation, in particular international and financial.
- Grand Officer, Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
- German, English, French.