Consob has ordered the blackout of 5 new websites that abusively offer financial services/financial products: 4 abusive financial intermediation sites and 1 site through which financial products are offered without a prospectus.
The Authority availed itself of the powers deriving from the "growth decree" (Law no. 58 of 28 June 2019, article 36, paragraph 2-terdecies regarding the blackout of the sites of abusive financial intermediaries, as well as the power introduced by Law no. 8 of 28 February 2020 (article 4, paragraph 3-bis), regarding the blackout of the site through which the abusive offer is made.
Below are the sites Consob has ordered to be blacked out:
- "Alphapro FX" (website https://alphaprofx.co.uk and related page https://client.alphaprofx.co.uk);
- Eurofxsecurities Limited (website https://eurofxsecurities.com and related page http://client.eurofxsecurities.com);
- The Active Traders Ltd (website https://theactivetraders.com and related page https://client.theactivetraders.com);
- Promarketing Ltd (website https://green-capitalz.com and related page https://platform.greencapitalz-trade.com);
- Enercom AG (website www.enercom.ag and related page https://kyc.enercom.ag e https://sales.enercomg.ag)
The number of sites blacked out since July 2019 , when Consob got the power to order that the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries be blacked out, has thus risen to 741.
The measures adopted by Consob can be consulted on the website www.consob.it.
The black-out of these websites by internet service providers operating on Italian territory is ongoing. For technical reasons, it can take several days for the black-out to come into effect.
Consob draws the attention of savers to the importance of using the utmost diligence in order to make informed investment choices, adopting common sense behaviours, essential to safeguard one's savings: these include, for websites that offer financial services, checking in advance that the operator with whom you are investing is authorised, and, for offers of financial products, that a prospectus has been published.
To this end, Consob would remind you that on the website www.consob.it there is a section on the homepage, "Watch for Scams!", providing useful information to warn investors against financially abusive initiatives.