Giuseppe Maria Berruti - CONSOB AND ITS ACTIVITIES
Giuseppe Maria Berruti
Born in Lagonegro (Potenza, Italy) on 23 January 1944.
Law degree from the University of Naples in 1966. Mark: 110/110 with honours, praise from the commission and an invitation to continue studies.
- 1969 - 1980 Judge.
- 1980 - 1986 Magistrate of the Civil Abstracts and Rolls Office of the Court of Cassation.
- 1986 - 1990 Magistrate of the Research Office of the Superior Council of Magistracy.
- 1995 and 2000 - 2006 Counsellor of the Court of Cassation and also member of the Superior Court for Public Waters.
- 2003 - 2006 Counsellor of the Court of Cassation - member of the Joint Civil Sections of the Court of Cassation.
- Until September 2000 and subsequently until 12 March 2004, Counsellor of the Court, Legal Expert of the Antitrust Authority pursuant to Article 11 of Law No. 287 of 1990 for problems relating to civil law.
- 2006 - 2010 Member of the Superior Council of Magistracy elected by the Judges of the Court of Cassation.
- 2010 - 2012 Counsellor of the First Section of the Court of Cassation and member of the Joint Civil Sections.
- 2011 - 2013, together with the functions of Counsellor of the Supreme Court, President of the Competition Commission for appointment of Notaries.
- 2012 appointed Section President of the Court of Cassation and assigned to the presidency of the Third Civil Section.
- Former Magistrate member of the "Board of Appeals Against Measures of the Italian Patent and Trademark Office", appointed on the recommendation of the First President of the Court of Cassation.
- Since 25 November 2013, the Director of the Abstracts and Rolls Office of the Court.
- On 2 May 2014, appointed President of the "Ministerial Commission for urgent reform measures on civil proceedings" by the Minister of Justice. On 31 December 2014, the Commission concluded its work on schedule with the filing of the project, the outline of the delegation law and its implementing law from the point of view of the approval of the law.
- Specific judicial experience in the areas of intellectual property law, competition law, banking law and community law as demonstrated by the editing, as Counsellor Rapporteur and drafter of numerous judgements of the Supreme Court of significant jurisprudential importance and wide doctrinal resonance.
- Significant experience in collaborative relationships, dialogue and exchange with community institutions (especially the Alicante Commission), in relation to preparatory activities for the enactment of the new current Code of Industrial Property, gained as a member of the "Board of Appeals Against Measures of the Italian Patent and Trademark Office".
Scientific and teaching experience:
- Assistant at the Department of Private Law of the University of Naples;
- Adjunct Professor of Private and Agricultural Law at the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of the University of Naples, for a three-year period;
- Scholar of Private Law and Labour Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Salerno;
- Teacher in the academic year 1988-89, at the Faculty of Law of La Sapienza University of Rome, of a course on "Theory of Debt Securities and Mass Securities";
- Professor of Commercial Law for the academic years 1995-1996 and 1996-1997, at the Faculty of Law of the LUISS University of Rome;
- Rapporteur for Italy on the subject of Numeric Brands, to the Symposium of Community Judges in Luxembourg, (September/October 1999), on the invitation of the European Trademark Office;
- Participation in the European Judges Symposium of Alicante on 26 September 2003 on issues of harmonisation of trademarks laws;
- Professor of the official course on Copyright Law at the Faculty of Law of LUISS for the 2004-2005 academic year.
Management and Administrative Organisational Skills
Relevant titles in terms of attitudes and administrative experience:
- Member of the Superior Council of Magistracy in the 2006-2010 term with related responsibilities of organisation of the work and the administrative structure of the judicial secretaries in the capacity as President of the Commission.
- As Director of the Abstracts and Rolls Office of the Court of Cassation a major reorganisation of the structure was undertaken for new regulation of the activities of the magistrates assigned to the office in order to increase the efficiency of the court with preservation of the nomofilachia (Court of Last Instance).